Welcome to the Center of Sikh and Punjab Studies
The creation of the Center for Sikh and Punjab Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara, was approved in the spring of 2004. Located in the Global Studies Department, the Center provides institutional support for the study of the Sikh tradition, the region of the Punjab, and the Punjabi communities settled in other parts of the world.
- to serve as a premier venue for research and scholarly exchange;
- to develop and promote undergraduate and graduate teaching;
- to disseminate knowledge through publications and outreach activities;
- to assist other universities embarking on programs in this area, and
- to be proactive in involving the Sikh/Punjabi community in these activities.